Monday, August 30, 2010

Last Gasps of Summer

Quick sketch of our "neck of the woods"(on the back of my son's crumpled algebra paper from last school year) with colored pencil added.

Some of you closer to my age might remember this house from the L.A. Arboretum (top left) from the TV series, "Fantasy Island." Tattoo shouting, "The plane the plane!" Anyone? :)




We stayed close to home all summer until this last week - even then we only ventured no father than 60 miles away. These photos were all taken at the L.A. Arboretum and Long Beach, CA. Hoping you all enjoyed your summers and wishing you wonderful new school years!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I remember Fantasy Island - and stuff way longer ago than that too - but I'm still young at heart!
    Your 'neck of the woods' is lovely - and your drawing is too. I love my Adirondack home, mountains, lakes, etc, but I have to admit - there's something about the ocean... so we make sure to get to an ocean somehow, at least once every year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Phyl! And I of course love seeing the nature surrounding your beautiful Adirondack mountains.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback!