Thursday, June 23, 2011

Glue and Chalk Pastel Cats









My example on tan paper
I like the impact of the pastel on black



My 4th-6th graders created these graphic cats with gel glue on black construction paper. We followed a simple line drawing on the white board. Once the glue dried, chalk pastel was added to give their feline their own unique personality. We didn't look at Laurel Birch examples, but I can definitely see some similarities in a few. I think they did a fabulous job! It was our last day together, but I have more great artwork to post. What a nice group of kids! Offering to help clean up, an abundance of "please" and "thank you's", and hugs good-bye. Yes, these are tweens! :)

5 comments:

  1. Okay, these are FANTASTIC! I am such a cat lover and I am so stealing this for the fall. My favorite is #5 because of the world weary expression on his/her face. The colors on all are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable and full of personality!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors and the patterns breath taking.
    You have some talented students.

    I love pastels on black paper also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing your next class projects. Very proud of the great results. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so striking! Each one is so unique:)
    I have some cat lovers who would LOVE this project.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback!