Thursday, December 31, 2015

Wolves of Winter

Jake

Matty

Mia

Sophia

Dean


Putting it together:

 Birch trees made with card board pieces scraped with black acrylic


 ballpoint pen, chalk pastel and charcoal



Over Winter Break, I offer a couple of one day, two hour classes. This past Tuesday we had our Wild Animals class. I have never done a wolf project before and thought it would be the perfect animal for the winter season. Though Gray wolves once disappeared from the lower 48, they have returned to the Great Lakes, Northern Rockies, and Southwestern US. They play a key role in keeping ecosystems healthy. My group of 2nd-6th graders enjoyed creating their mixed media pieces.

5 comments:

  1. These are great, Mary. I especially like the "free abandon" in the background of your first example. I love it when kids do that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christie. Yes, I thought Jake's "boy energy" lent itself well to this project. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really fantastic portraits, you've got some real talent in your class!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback!