Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sunset Seascapes with Dolphins and Seals




















My K-2nd graders created these pieces with acrylic painted seascapes and cut out dolphins and seals done with Sharpie and gray marker. I used the book "let's draw cute animals" by Sachiko Umoto. The step by step animal drawings are sweet and simple for my younger students to follow. I loved hearing all the children's seal and dolphin sighting stories. I think they did a great job with their pieces; they make me smile.

On a side note, my beloved Picnik is closing shop in a couple months. I do love a virtual mat and frame to showcase the children's artwork. Any thoughts on alternatives: Fotoflexer, Pixler, Picasa....?

4 comments:

  1. I love these compositions.
    Textures and colors are bold and beautiful.

    The dolphins and the seals are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary,

    The kids did a great job of showing the fun that sea creatures have in the ocean. I wish I was out there swimming with them!

    :)Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. These definitely capture the feel of dolphins jumping from the water. I also love the reflection on the water and the movement the kids got in the waves. These pictures blend right in with your ocean background!! They are perfect for this week when it feels like summer around here!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. eğlenceli ve güzel olmuşlar.tebrik ederim öğrencilerinizi..

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback!