Sunday, January 22, 2012

California Dreaming....


on such a winter's day...

Every year from November to March a sand berm is built up to help protect the beach front homes from the high surf and tides that can occur during these months. As an added bonus, it gives local children the opportunity to do some sand sledding on these steep slopes. When school let out on Friday we headed to the berms for some fun in the sand. This will probably be the closest thing to actual sledding my daughter will experience this year.


4 comments:

  1. Oh Mary, that picture of your daughter on the beach brought back sooooo many memories of my childhood in Sanata Cruz (Rio Del Mar,specifically). You are so lucky to live so close to the beach!

















    y






    0
















    0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Ahhh....
      Our weather has been CRAZY weird. We had a few days of frigid temps (below zero to maybe 15 degrees) to today and supposedly the rest of the week in the 40's. But we haven't had snow of more than a couple of inches and it's very odd here without snow in the winter. Tough for the kids - no snowman building, sledding, etc. Luckily the ski slopes make snow to enhance what little they've gotten.

      Delete
  3. I am very lucky to live so close to the beach Pat. I love seeing surfers running to the shore for "dawn patrol" while I'm out walking the pooches early in the am. Of course, there are sacrifices that have to be made(mainly square footage)to live so close to the Pacific. Santa Cruz? How cool!

    Phyl,I always love seeing your snowy scenes in the winter in the Adirondacks. I guess I'll have to wait a bit. It's great for the seasonally challenged. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback!