Friday, July 19, 2019

Jellyfish with Masking Fluid and Watercolor



 Nika - 7


 Avri -5


 Ellie - 5



 Delaini - 5


 Zoey - 7


 Leighton - 7


 Shiloh - 9


Madelyn

I have done jellyfish art lessons using bubble prints with rice paper and with chalk pastel and watercolor here and here. And I Loved all the results. But this may be my new favorite jelly art lesson. This was inspired by Natalie at smART Class who used gloss medium. I didn't have any so I decided to improvise with masking fluid. I sacrificed some of my crumbiest paint brushes and had my students paint over their pencil drawings. These took just a short time to dry, so they were able to paint them in the same class. While the paint was still wet, they sprinkled their watercolor oceans with salt. This always lends a magical effect that the children just love. 

Once dry, I used a remover block to remove all the masking fluid and brushed all the salt away. They have a beautiful batik-like effect. A perfect summer art project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and feedback!