Thursday, April 10, 2014

Geninne Inspired Collages













My experiment


Geninne Zlatkis is a wonderful contemporary artist best known for her elegant bird artwork. My current class used her "Friends" piece as our inspiration. In lieu of a vintage map, we used old dictionary pages for our base. The divided page was then washed with watercolor. I gave the children warm and cool color acrylics to create textured paper that they later used to create their birds and fish. Oil pastels were used to add more color if they wished, as well as to add their lotus flowers. Birds and fish were cut out and glued to their compositions. Lastly, some scattered stars were created using the ends of their brushes. Artwork by kinders thru 4th.

2 comments:

  1. This is the first children's art project I've ever seen that was inspired by Gennine's charming artworks. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback!