Thursday, December 7, 2017

Canada Geese











For some reason, winter art lessons tend to be my favorites. And throw in a bird subject matter and I'm really in my happy place. These Canada Geese (not Canadian Geese as I have come to learn) were created on 12 x 18 black construction paper using chalk pastels. My students always ask me if they are allowed to add hats, bows or other various accessories to their animal creations. Well it is the giving season, go ahead kids!  For the backgrounds, I gave a limited palette of acrylics to dry brush on to their pieces of roofing felt from dark to light. A splattering of snowfall was added before gluing their cut geese. (1st through 4th grade artists.) *Update: Be sure to use Natural roofing felt, Not synthetic, which can contain fiber glass. 

3 comments:

I appreciate your comments and feedback!