Thursday, June 25, 2015

Toucans of the Rainforest











 Beautiful details and composition Lauren! (6)




(Artwork by K-6th graders)

My Animals Around the World groups headed to the Amazon Rainforest to create some colorful toucans using acrylic paint on roofing felt. Yes, another project using my new favorite canvas - and I'm not done yet! I gave the kids pieces of sidewalk chalk to draw their birds and flora. They were given oil pastels and acrylics to fill in their designs. Most chose to paint, except for a few details. They had the option of painting their backgrounds or leaving them black. I love the diversity in these! Next stop - Orcas in Alaska.
Update: Be sure to use Natural roofing felt, Not synthetic, which can contain fiber glass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and feedback!