Sunday, December 27, 2009

Little Miss Spider

To create Little Miss Spider from the David Kirk series of books, the children will have 2 circle templates to create the head and body. Her unique features added are: cut paper arms and legs with tempera yellow dots, cone shaped nose, red curl, and oil pastel eyes, mouth and belly spots. They will use orange chalk pastel to shade around the head and belly. For the background, they will add wispy clouds by smudging white chalk pastel with their fingers.

My son is a freshman in high school and I can still hear myself reading from one of his favorites,"Miss Spider's Tea Party Counting Book." Kirk's illustrations are saturated in deep colors and glowing with an almost illuminated light source.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! My 5 yr old and I have been reading Miss Spider books and love her. We're going to do this project this week. Thanks for the wonderful idea! Chalk pastels add a very nice element.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback!