Friday, November 8, 2019

Gel Printed Forests with Animal Illustrations

Phase 1 for our gel printed forests

 Phase 2


 Carlie - 3rd Grade


 Blake - 3rd Grade


 Brooke - 1st Grade


 Ella - 4th Grade


 Alexa - 4th Grade

Blake - 3rd Grade

Below are my experiments/samples


I never get tired of experimenting with gel printing. My students are well aware of this. 😄 So for this session, we created fantasy forests with my collection of pressed leaves and our Gelli plates (8X10 and 9x12). We created a colorful print (on card stock or watercolor paper) first followed by a reverse black silhouette using the leaves as a mask. This made the perfect backdrop for our animal illustrations. I allowed my students to create a full body whimsical raccoon inspired by artist, John W. Golden, a charcoal raccoon portrait, or other creature of their choosing. They could adorn their landscapes with other details: veins for their leaves, moon, stars or snow. Animals were then cut out and glued to their backgrounds. There are so many possibilities with this process!

3 comments:

  1. The article written on your website is very good. All information is correct and accurate. Thanks

    Makeup Artist in Delhi || Top Makeup Artist in Delhi || Best Makeup Artist in Delhi || Smokey Eye Makeup Images Pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pieces! You have some very talented students!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, I love these and you've given me inspiration to create something similar but with Australian nocturnal animals. I'll tag you as we go. 😀
    Kate @art__teacher__life

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback!