Sunday, February 24, 2019

Somewhere Right Now





The Origins





 








 Pages at a Glimpse






I am thrilled to announce my children's book, Somewhere Right Now, is now available for purchase on Etsy. Just click on this link:  https://www.etsy.com/shop/MaryMakingArt

Somewhere Right Now parallels the daily events of a young child (brushing teeth, going to the park, taking a bath ect..) with the activities of animals and creatures around the world at that moment. Through rhyming text and bold type, it is meant to spark a curiosity and respect for wildlife and animals in places near and far. 

The collage illustrations were created using leftover painted papers made by children in my art classes. I transformed these remnants and scraps into layered collages with pens, markers, watercolor and acrylics. 


I am a children's book enthusiast and have been collecting them since I was very young. (Ezra Jack Keats and Brian Wildsmith are longtime favorites). Writing and illustrating my own book was a real passion project for me. I have been so pleased to hear the positive feedback in response.

2 comments:

I appreciate your comments and feedback!