Thursday, March 23, 2017

Cartoon Art Fun

 Abby (4th grade)

 Developing her scene

 Avery (6th grade)

Mira (4th grade) in progress



The above 3 drawings began as a triangle, square and circle
My students were encouraged to change the character to make it their own




Lauren (3rd grade) is enjoying character design

Learning the basics


My example to show my students how to change the mood of a character 
(and the cartoon itself) through a simple change in the eyes


When I decided on a cartoon theme, I went all in!


This month our art class theme is Cartoon People and Animals. My groups are learning how to use facial guidelines and simple ways to change the expression of a character. To create animals, we're learning to start with simple shapes and build from there. I discovered some Wonderful books by best selling author, Christopher Hart. I must say, I'm hooked!  He has an amazing knack for breaking down any subject matter into a easy-to-follow manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and feedback!