Friday, November 15, 2013

Night Owls

 Alexa, 3rd grade


 Grace, 1st grade


 Jenna, 5th grade


 Luke, Kindergarten


 Sami, Kindergarten


 Lacie, 4th grade


Presley, Kindergarten

Choosing art lessons for a group of kids ranging in age from 5 to 10 can be a bit tricky. I think I made a good call with this project. The owls were created with Sharpie and chalk pastels on big dictionary pages. My mom had just donated our old family dictionary to me to use for art class.(How did she know this was so current?) The kids looked at me with a combination of wonder and suspicion when I told them that when I was young, rather than a computer or phone, we had to look up words we didn't know how to spell in a book. Ha! The backgrounds were created in the same way my other class had done flying bats: oil pastel moons, watercolor skies and acrylic branches. The owls were then cut out and glued to their nighttime skies.

1 comment:

I appreciate your comments and feedback!