Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!


Wishing you all much happiness over the Holiday Season!
Enjoy your time spent with family and friends!


Savannah, 10


My example

I had a Holiday Art Fun class earlier in the week with a group of children ages 5-8. They created painted Grinch portraits and some cute reindeer based on this piece I found on Etsy. With 2 hours to complete 2 pieces ready to take home, I didn't get a chance to take photos. (I even enlisted the help of my niece to speed up the drying process with a hair dryer.)

The children did a direct line drawing that they outlined in Sharpie and then painted their reindeer and sky. Once dry, they used oil pastel to add pine branches, snowflakes and other details. They had the option of hanging Christmas balls from their reindeer antlers. Most were content with a straightforward portrait.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely Reindeer, Mary! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    Blessings,
    :)Pat

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback!