Monday, September 5, 2011

Mixed Media Romero Britto









A while back I did a Picasso inspired mixed media Cubist Rooster. During this art session I plan to do a similar project inspired by Romero Britto. Using pieces of scrapbook paper (phonebook pages, wrapping paper, and textured paper scraps are also options) the children will cut random shapes repeating patterns around their paper. After these are glued down a simple vase of flowers or other bold design is drawn in Sharpie. Shapes are painted with acrylics or tempera and some are left alone showing the paper. Graphic lines dividing up the background are added. The last step is to paint over all lines using a small brush or go over lines with a black oil pastel. More to post soon.

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful idea! I just may try these soon. Starting to put together the first couple of week's lessons and can't believe it is already time to begin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary,
    I am just starting a Britto file and this would be a perfect project for my 5th graders. Thanks so much for creating a really cool project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks very much Pamela and Pat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is real appreciable work for painting and color learning process for my kids, I will take sample of same this type to practice out my kids

    Britto

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice idea! Very creative.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback!