Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Proud Peacocks!





I have a group of Pre-K and Kindergarten students this fall. I realized very quickly just how varied their abilities can be in terms of fine motor control at this age. So I needed a project that wouldn't bore my students who were a little more on the advanced spectrum while not frustrating those at the other end. I had the children trace over my simple pencil drawing of the peacock feathers shape. They then painted the whole space blue, then added green and dark blue strips. For the beautiful "eyes" of the feathers, we used cotton balls, thumb prints, finger prints, and then Q-tip prints. They glued a pre-cut body down and added an eye.

I think the results were wonderful for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and feedback!